Making your own espresso biscuits
Christmas baking with a difference. Makes 40-45 pieces.
- Place 100g butter in a bowl and beat until soft
- 100g castor or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon espresso instant powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- and stir until light in colour
- 75g dark Toblerone chocolate, chopped finely
- 50g chopped blanched almonds, roast in a pan
- 150g flour with 1 teaspoon baking powder
- and add to above mixture, forming a soft dough
- 100g package of dark chocolate icing to decorate
To make: place walnut-sized balls on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, leaving enough space between them. Place in a cool place for approx. 15 min.
Bake: preheat oven to 180 °C, place tray in centre of oven and bake for 8 10 min. The balls should spread slightly.
To decorate: use a little chocolate icing to stick a coffee bean on each biscuit.